All members of The Toller Club of Great Britain:
- Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
- Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon who performs an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operations to the Kennel Club.
- Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
- Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
- Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
- Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
- Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
- Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
- Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
- Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
- Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
- Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
- Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind.
- Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as standalone items (not accompanying a dog).
- Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
- Will, if they are intending to use their dog or bitch for breeding, have a minimum of all current Kennel Club recommended health checks done and submit the results to the clubs’ health secretary.
- Will not breed from a bitch without consideration for her health and well being and, if she has had a litter previously, her ease of whelping. No bitch should be mated under the age of two, nor over the age of eight without Kennel Club approval. No bitch may be bred from at successive seasons, unless a period of more that twelve months has elapsed. No bitch is to have more than four litters in her lifetime and no more than one in a twelve month period.
- Will not use a dog at stud before the age of two years. A stud dog owner must be satisfied as to the health and compatibility of the dog and bitch and give consideration to the resultant litter.
- Will, before breeding a litter from their bitch or allowing their dog to be used at stud, give serious and equal consideration to type, temperament, health and soundness and not undertake a mating that is detrimental to the dog/bitch or the breed that will adulterate the purity of the breed. No unregistered dog/bitch should be used for breeding.
- Will if they become aware of the mistreatment, abuse or need of relocation of any Toller, notify the details to one of the committee and assist in any other matter where they are able.
- Will exhibit good conduct in any activity they undertake with their Toller.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club, and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.